I hand-dyed a plain cotton yarn from hibiscus tea (pink) and black walnut hulls (brown) gathered from a side road in my parents neighborhood north of Detroit. I used these yarns to weave a curtain in panels on an old loom. The loom had not been used in a long time; and the yarn left on it had rusted. I used that yarn as well. I did not use mordants with these dyes, so over time they faded when I put the curtain in a sunny window. I re-dyed the curtain using marigolds grown by my mother and a copper sulfate mordant dug out of the back of my parents garage. Sometimes it is nice to see what you can do with what is lying around.